A few months back, I decided it would be fun to paint the house shutters. When we moved into the house, it bugged me that they just died against the house color.
Naturally I wanted to paint them black to pull out some of the black color in the stone.
It was actually very easy painting the shutters.
The each had 4 screws that came out really easy, and I gently took them off…minus the yellow jackets that tired to kill me!
P.S. Yellow Jackets like to build hives in shutters, BEWARE!
These particular shutter’s were plastic…I had no idea.
I gave them a good cleaning with soap and water, let them dry and then painted them black with flat black spray paint.
So easy and such a big difference!