I had a friend who was carry around this bag at soccer, and I asked her if I could have it. Being that my youngest daughter’s name is Lucille, I had to have this bag! ha ha
I took it home and cut it out to the size of a small painted canvas. I then adhered the cutout bag to the canvas with glue. Once the glue was dry, I painted to layers of Modge Podge to the canvas.
My sister-in-law is having her first child in a few months and I thought it would be fun to paint some art to go with her ROBOT themed room! The painting of course is acrylic paint on canvas accented with a sharpie marker!
I painted some cheap canvases white ( to give it a base )
I cut balloon shapes out of fabric…
I glued the fabric balloons down with craft spray glue and then painted over them with Mod Podge.
When everything was dry, I took a sharpie and drew in strings.
DO NOT DRAW THE STRINGS BEFORE THE MOD PODGE, THE INK WILL BLEED.
So when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter, I did her room in butterflies and decided it was only appropriate to do some kind of butterfly art. I painted a canvas pink with Plaid craft paint and then layered it with different types of pink colored tissue paper. I then printed out a stencil and used white craft paint to do the flower/butterfly pattern. It looked so great in her room, but change is upon us….
So what did I do?
I started by painting the canvas with leftover Rustoleum chalkboard paint.
This is the canvas painted and drying!
I then printed out letters from our computer and cut them out to make a stencil…
Again, I took Plaid white acrylic craft paint and started to paint the stencils.
I gently peeled off the paper stencil…
and Viola…I am done!
I have yet to finish the room and hang it somewhere, but that is a work in progress!
So my goal was to find new bedding for my girls and to incorporate their bird paintings into the bedding. I found this cute pattern at target and decided that the colors where so fitting, that I would just add some flowers to the tree.
(These are paintings that my mother-in-law and I did a few years back!) see here.
I had to apply a few coats to the flowers, that was probably the most tedious part!
I added a stitched pattern to the flower using a paint pen in white.
SO here they are and I could not be more happy with the result!
Happy Friday Everyone!