Paint a buffet the easy way…

image

I found this beauty on craigslist for $25.00.  I loved the look of it and instantly knew it would be perfect with some love. 

DSC_0168

Hint: Instead of sanding the piece, I used a deglosser.  It was super easy and clean! A simple wipe and go!

I then used a paint/primer in one…

DSC_0169

image

The best part about this project, is that the natural wood grain showed through the red paint…

DSC_0194

My dresser turned Buffet…

I have finally finished, and can’t wait to show it off.    This dresser and I have lots of history together, but who would have ever thought I would one day use it as a buffet…( laughing inside)!

If you want to the the original story of this dresser go here.

DSC_0577

Untitled

DSC_0578

After  and        Untitled

P1010069

After

So here was the plan…

dresser redo

I changed it up a little bit to make it work with my black chairs.  See here.

Here are a few pictures of the whole process…

DSC_0736

I used CitriStrip and Sand paper to remove the old varnish from the dresser.  The Citristrip worked OK for this project.  Next time I may just go with the heavy duty stripper.  I had a hard time removing some of the left over residue, so I had to use mineral oil.

DSC_0756

Once all the Citristrip GOO was off, I started priming the dresser with KILZ general purpose primer.

DSC_0762

DSC_0766

I then went on to paint the bottom with a white interior paint that I had used on other things and same with the top.  I painted it black.

DSC_0769

DSC_0774

When I was finished, it looked so amazing.  But then with every project, there is usually a WHOOPS…I will tell you about that tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday!  Paint with Love